Tuesday, February 25, 2014

27 Weeks

I am in the last week of my 6 month and 2nd trimester!!! Where has the time gone? the 1st Trimester and 4 months seemed to go by so sloooooowwwww. Hopefully since it took a while for the better feeling 2nd trimester to kick in that it will last a little longer into the 3rd trimester lol.

Little Peanut has been kicking away everyday. His kicks are getting stronger. And while they do not hurt(yet) sometimes they can feel a little uncomfortable. And sometimes they make me laugh. Especially if I am laying down.

Also, sometimes when I am lying down and press on my belly in certain places I can feel a foot or knee or fist. That is pretty cool.

The baby has been pretty good about settling down when I go to bed at night, but for the past couple of nights he has been pretty active when I am trying to go to sleep. I think this will probably continue and get worse lol.

Most of the time when I feel the baby kick I don't think much, but "oh, he's kicking again" and it is cool, but if I really stop and think about it, it takes my breath away. I have a living thing in my stomach!! There is actually a baby in there!! And while it was always in the back of my mind that I would one day have this, there were a couple times when I worried I wouldn't and it just feels so miraculous and amazing. When I am at church with all these women and their little baby boys I can't wait to be holding my own, but then I feel him kick and I am like "no, I want to keep him in there for a long time!!!". It is so awesome to feel his little kicks and punches.

As far as I have been feeling.... pretty good for the most part, but I have had 2 mornings where I felt like crap after getting to work. Either I feel dizzy or like throwing up (or both). each time I gave myself an hour and it passed. Yesterday, though, it kinda came back for awhile in the afternoon for a little while. It might be the changes in temperature. I eat breakfast in the morning and take my Zofran so I am not sure what else is causing it all of a sudden.

I was told yesterday I am looking really good for 6 months pregnant :) She didn't realize I was pregnant (she is a new coworker). There is definitely an advantage to going into a pregnancy overweight lol. I still have 2 bellies! And I have only gained 10 pounds. Also, my belly button shows no signs of becoming an outtie!!! Or a flattie.

My aunts and cousins ordered us a crib and it came today :) So excited to have TJ put it together and arrange the nursery! We also set a date for my shower next month.

Next week's update will be on Wednesday after my doctor appointment. I get my glucose test and after that I will be going every 2 weeks instead of 4!!

1 comment:

betty said...

That time is going by fast! How neat with the crib! My advice, make sure that you put the crib together in the room it is going to be in, LOL. With our first, we put the crib together in the living room and then tried to move it into the bedroom, it wouldnit fit through the door so hubby had to take half of it apart.

How neat after next week you'll be every 2 weeks visit! It will be May before you know it and you will be holding him, but do treasure these special times now :)

betty